Kansas Angling Experience is a multi-species guide service, which means that we fish for just about everything that swims and chase the best bites year round. We will cater to your fishing desires, whether you want to catch a trophy fish, take a few fish home for a fish fry, or just have a fun and educational day on the water.
Your choice of waters/species include:
- Clinton Lake: Walleye, Wiper, White Bass, and Crappie.
- Coffey County Lake: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Wiper, White Bass, Walleye (warm water power plant lake, great winter option!)
- Melvern Lake: Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass
- LaCygne Lake: Largemouth Bass, Wiper, White Bass
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Professional, educational, and fun-filled day on the water
- All premium fishing gear
- All fish processing & packaging (if applicable)
- High quality photos from your trip
- Life jackets (adults only, children’s life jackets not provided)
I can accommodate groups up to 4 persons in my 2003 18 ft. Alumacraft Magnum CS, with a 115HP Yamaha 4-Stroke engine & 9.9 HP Yamaha kicker. Top of the line Garmin electronics, as well as MotorGuide xi5 trolling motor are used on our trip.
WHAT TO BRING
- A current 2018 KS fishing license, or valid single day license. Purchase one here.
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- Rain gear & warm clothing
- Drinks & snacks
- Child life jacket (if under 12 years old)
- Small cooler/ice to transport your packaged fillets home
- Patience & a positive attitude
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE CATCH AND RELEASE FISHING! Although it is your right to keep a “limit,” we do follow certain guidelines with selective harvest on our guide trips to ensure fish for the future. All Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass are released, Walleyes over 22″ are released, and large Wipers over 24″ are also released. We prefer to be somewhat selective with Crappies as well – for perspective, a one person, 20 fish limit = 40 fillets.
Guide Trip Rules
- All guided clients must present a valid fishing license before the trip shall begin.
- All clients must show up on time. If they will be late, they must call and inform the guide ASAP. Extra time will not be added to trips due to the late arrival of a client. You will still be charged the full trip price.
- Guided trips during inclement weather will be at the discretion of the guide. Dress appropriately.
- Guests may bring their own alcohol, but excessive drinking will not be tolerated.
- Clients will be held responsible for any damage done to KAE property if determined excessive and/or intentional by the guide.
- KAE guides reserve the right to cancel a trip at any time for any reason.
Where We Will Meet
We will meet at the boat ramp on whichever lake we are fishing. KS state parks require a $5 daily vehicle permit upon entry if you do not have a yearly sticker. There is a self-pay station at the entrance to Clinton and Melvern State Parks if no one is at the check in gate. All of this information will be included in your confirmation e-mail when you book a trip.
Inclement Weather/Coffey County Lake Info
Weather cancellations: High winds in excess of 30+ mph, severe cold, lake/boat ramp conditions, and severe thunderstorms will cause our trip to be rescheduled. We do not cancel trips for rain. If you decide to cancel or postpone your trip because of rain, your deposit will be moved to another date. Be sure to bring your rain gear.
*Wolf Creek regulations state that if the wind is in excess of sustained 20 mph, boaters will be unable to launch or will be called off the lake. If the forecast 1-2 days prior to our trip is calling for 15-20 mph winds the morning of our trip, we will plan on rescheduling. Additionally, if we are called off the lake before our trip is over due to wind, we will also reschedule. No additional deposit is required, however your balance will still be due the day of.*