Kansas Angling Experience is a multi-species guide service, which means that we fish for just about everything that swims. We will cater to your fishing desires, whether you want to catch trophy fish, fill your freezer with filets, or just have a fun day on the water. You can choose where and what you want to fish for, and I’ll do the rest!
Your choice of waters/species include:
- Clinton Lake: Walleye, Wiper, White Bass, and Crappie.
- Melvern Lake: Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass
- Coffey County Lake: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Wiper (warm water power plant lake, great winter option!)
WHAT TO BRING
- A current 2017 KS fishing license, or valid single day license. Purchase one here.
- I will provide ALL fishing gear needed. Fox River Rods
- Life jackets are provided for adults only. KS law requires children under 12 years of age to wear one at all times, and you will need to bring your own.
- Don’t forget your cell phone and/or digital camera to take plenty of pictures.
- Weather appropriate clothing (i.e. sunglasses, baseball cap, rain gear, etc.)
- I will have sunscreen on board, don’t be afraid to ask.
- Beverages, and lunch if you would like. I will have bottled water on board. No alcohol permitted on guide trips.
- A cooler with ice if you plan to bring your catch home with you-I will filet and package your fish after the trip is over.
Bring a positive attitude, open mind, and willingness to learn! To me, guiding is 90% education, and the fish we catch are simply a bi-product. I love nothing more than passing my vast knowledge of fishing to others, and my hope is that you’ll take everything you’ve learned from your trip to become a better angler yourself.
I can accommodate groups up to three persons in my spacious 17 ft. Alumacraft deep-V boat and 60HP Mercury 4-Stroke tiller. Top of the line Garmin electronics, as well as the new MotorGuide xi5 trolling motor are used on our trip.
Where We Will Meet
Generally, I have my clients meet me at the boat ramp on whichever lake we are fishing. KS state parks require a $5 daily vehicle permit upon entry if you do not have a yearly sticker. There is a self-pay station at the entrance to Clinton and Melvern State Parks if no one is at the check in gate.
Weather cancellations: High winds in excess of 30+ mph, severe cold, lake/boat ramp conditions, and severe thunderstorms will cause our trip to be rescheduled. We do not cancel trips for rain. If you decide to cancel or postpone your trip because of rain, your deposit will be moved to another date. Be sure to bring your rain gear-some of the most productive fishing can be in the rain!