Kansas Angling Experience is a multi-species guide service, which means that we fish for just about everything that swims and chase the best bites 365 days a year! Whether you want to catch trophy fish, take a few home for a fish fry, or just have a fun and educational day on the water, you’ve found the right guide service.
Your choice of waters/species include:
- Clinton Lake: Wiper, Walleye, Sauger, White Bass, and Crappie
- Perry Lake: White Bass, Sauger, Crappie
- Coffey County Lake: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Wiper, White Bass, Walleye, all species available (warm water nuclear power plant lake, great winter option!) *ALL COFFEY COUNTY TRIPS ARE CATCH & RELEASE ONLY*
- Melvern Lake: Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass, White Bass
- LaCygne Lake: Largemouth Bass (also a warm water power plant lake)
*I will always recommend what I think to be the best bite possible – some times of year are better than others depending on the species!*
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Professional, educational, and fun-filled day on the water
- Premium fishing gear & tackle
- Fish processing & packaging
- High quality photos from your trip
- Life jackets (adults only, children’s life jackets not provided)
I can accommodate groups up to 4 persons in my 18.5 ft. Crestliner Raptor 1850, powered by a 150 HP Mercury fourstroke engine with 9.9 Pro Kicker. Top of the line Garmin electronics, including Livescope, are also used on your trip.
WHAT TO BRING
- A current KS fishing license, or valid single day license. Purchase one here.
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen (please, no spray on sunscreen or bug spray in the boat!)
- Rain gear & warm clothing
- Drinks & snacks
- Child life jacket (if under 12 years old)
- Small cooler/ice to transport your packaged fillets home
- Patience & a positive attitude
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE SELECTIVE HARVEST / CATCH AND RELEASE FISHING! Although it is your right to keep a “limit,” we do follow certain guidelines with selective harvest on our guide trips to ensure fish for the future. All Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass, Walleyes over 21″, and Wiper are to be released. We prefer to be somewhat selective with Crappies as well – for perspective, a one person, 20 fish limit = 40 fillets – *Limit your keep vs. keeping your limit*
Where & When We Will Meet
We will meet at the boat ramp on whichever lake we are fishing. KS state parks require a $5 daily vehicle permit upon entry if you do not have a yearly sticker. There is a self-pay station at the entrance to Clinton, Perry, and Melvern State Parks if no one is at the check in gate. *All of this information will be included in your confirmation e-mail when you book a trip.
Morning trips begin at sunrise depending on the time of year, between 5:30-7:30AM. Evening trips in the summer begin at 4:30PM.
Guide Trip Rules
- All guided clients must possess a valid fishing license before the trip shall begin.
- All clients must show up on time. If they will be late, they must call and inform the guide ASAP. Extra time will not be added to trips due to the late arrival of a client. You will still be charged the full trip price.
- Guided trips during inclement weather will be at the discretion of the guide. Dress appropriately.
- Guests may bring their own alcohol, but excessive drinking will not be tolerated.
- Clients will be held responsible for any damage done to KAE property if determined excessive and/or intentional by the guide.
- KAE guides reserve the right to cancel a trip at any time for any reason.
Inclement Weather/Coffey County Lake Info
Weather cancellations: High winds in excess of 30+ mph, severe cold, lake/boat ramp conditions (ice), and severe thunderstorms may cause our trip to be rescheduled. Your deposit will be moved to another date in the event of inclement weather.
*Wolf Creek/Coffey County regulations state that if the wind is in excess of sustained 20 mph, boaters will be unable to launch or will be called off the lake. If the forecast 1-2 days prior to our trip is calling for 15-20 mph winds the morning of our trip, we will plan on changing lakes, or rescheduling. Additionally, if we are called off the lake before our trip is over due to wind, we will also reschedule. No additional deposit is required, however your balance will still be due the day of.*