Kansas Angling Experience is a multi-species guide service, which means that we fish for just about everything that swims and chase the best bites year round. We will cater to your fishing desires, whether you want to catch a trophy fish, take a few fish home for a fish fry, or just have a fun and educational day on the water. All Largemouth Bass and Smallmouth Bass will be released, as well as Walleye over 23″.
Your choice of waters/species include:
- Clinton Lake: Walleye, Wiper, White Bass, and Crappie.
- Coffey County Lake: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Wiper, White Bass, Walleye (warm water power plant lake, great winter option!)
- Melvern Lake: Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass
- LaCygne Lake: Largemouth Bass, Wiper, White Bass
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- All premium fishing gear
- All fish processing & packaging if applies
- High quality photos from your trip
- A fun filled positive day on the water
WHAT TO BRING
- A current 2018 KS fishing license, or valid single day license. Purchase one here.
- Rain gear/warm clothing
- Child life jacket (if under 12 years old)
- Small cooler/ice to transport your packaged fillets home
- Patience & a positive attitude
Bring a positive attitude, open mind, and willingness to learn. To me, guiding is 90% education, and the fish we catch are simply a by-product. I love passing my vast knowledge of fishing to others, and my hope is that you’ll take everything you’ve learned from your trip to become a better angler yourself.
I can accommodate groups up to three persons in my spacious 2003 18 ft. Alumacraft Magnum CS, with a 115HP Yamaha 4-Stroke engine & 9.9 HP Yamaha kicker. Top of the line Garmin electronics, as well as MotorGuide xi5 trolling motor are used on our trip.
Where We Will Meet
Generally, I have my clients meet me at the boat ramp on whichever lake we are fishing. KS state parks require a $5 daily vehicle permit upon entry if you do not have a yearly sticker. There is a self-pay station at the entrance to Clinton and Melvern State Parks if no one is at the check in gate. All of this information will be included in your confirmation e-mail when you book a trip.
Inclement Weather/Coffey County Lake Info
Weather cancellations: High winds in excess of 30+ mph, severe cold, lake/boat ramp conditions, and severe thunderstorms will cause our trip to be rescheduled. We do not cancel trips for rain. If you decide to cancel or postpone your trip because of rain, your deposit will be moved to another date. Be sure to bring your rain gear-some of the most productive fishing can be in the rain!
*Wolf Creek regulations state that if the wind is in excess of sustained 20 mph, boaters will be unable to launch or will be called off the lake. If the forecast 1-2 days prior to our trip is calling for 15-20 mph winds the morning of our trip, we will plan on rescheduling. Additionally, if we are called off the lake before our trip is over due to wind, we will also reschedule. No additional deposit is required, however your balance will still be due the day of.